Sunday 18 November 10:00AM – 12:00PM
*******************Intro to Om-Weights Yoga************************
This is a two hour workshop with Caroline Stevens, introducing you to the Om-Weights Yoga practice. After warming up with some sun salutations, we will explore individual postures, along with variations of weight techniques which can be used with these. We will emphasise gaining familiarity with using weights and developing correct and safe technique. We’ll then put what we have been playing with together into a flow so that you can experience the feel of a typical Om-Weights class, before winding down with some grounding postures, pranayama and relaxation!
What is Om-Weights Yoga?
Om-Weights Yoga combines vinyasa-style yoga sequences with strengthening exercises using dumbbells and ankle weights.
By adding weights to your yoga practice you can:
- Make familiar postures challenging once again
- Develop muscle mass without the worry of losing range of movement; instead Om-Weights actively works on improving functional flexibility whilst building strength
- Alter weight distribution and centre of gravity to improve balance and core stability
- Build upper-body strength without necessarily needing to practice inversions or arm balances
- Combine the physical effort of weight training with a meditative, focused approach
- Help to protect against osteoporosis
- Stabilise joints to reduce risk of injury
- Improve whole-body metabolism by building lean muscle
This workshop is suitable for all levels of ability and plenty of options for modifications will be given. If you have any specific concerns about existing injuries or medical conditions, just send me a message 🙂
Cost – £15 for two hours, all equipment provided. Payment accepted by BACS, Paypal or cheque
To book – email email@example.com or phone 07587 189507